Stephen Ministry is a program within our congregation that equips lay persons to provide distinctively Christian one-on-one care to those who are experiencing all kinds of life needs and circumstances, both in our congregation and community.
A Stephen Minister is.....
• A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
• A congregation member with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role
• A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in proving emotional and spiritual care
• A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
• Someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there's a need
Our Stephen Ministry at NBPC is blessed with dedicated individuals who are invested in caring for others in their time of need. Stephen Minister's share Christ's love with their 'care receivers' with compassion, listening, and walking along side them during stressful periods in their lives.
For more information, please contact our Stephen Leaders:
Susan Bell — 830/625-1102
Scott Payne — 830/625-6705
Anne Felts — 830/625-4803
"Bear one another's burdens, and in this way you willl fulfill the law of Christ." - Galatians 6:2
"Therefore encourage one another and build up each other." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
"To equip the saints for the work of ministry." - Ephesians 4:12a
"Love one another - as I have loved you." - John 13:34